Peaches are Chef Deb Cantrell’s favorite summer fruit. Her grandfather used to pick them from her grandparents’ trees, and then her grandmother would use them to make peach pies and kolaches.
Love peaches too? Here are several creative ways to use fresh peaches:
- Brush with olive oil, salt and pepper and then grill as a side or place in a salad
- Grill with prosciutto wrapped around them
- Roast in the oven with olive oil, salt and a sprinkle of brown sugar or coconut palm sugar (better for you). Roast for about 20 to 25 minutes at 400 degrees. When they cool, sprinkle with goat cheese and mint!
- Cut up and place them in a salad and drizzle with balsamic over mixed baby greens (see recipe below)
- Make peach and blueberry parfaits
- Make peach salsa to place over pork
- Make peach pancakes or muffins
- Stir up some peach mojitos or sangria
- Make cold peach soup
- Use them on kabobs with veggies
- Place on a pizza that you “bake” on the grill