Natural Grocers just opened up in Fort Worth this week and it’s one of my favorite places to shop because of their abundant organic produce. It’s sort of a personal chef’s heaven! I was invited to do a cooking demo in their new beautiful kitchen tomorrow at 2:30 p.m. where I will be sharing a gluten-free summer appetizer that will be perfect to make for the 4th of July! I couldn’t wait to share it with you, so I am spilling the beans now! Also, I figured if you couldn’t make it you definitely wouldn’t want to miss out on this recipe because it is a MUST-TRY!
I don’t know about you, but I love a good slider. If you’re gluten intolerant or have Celiac disease, maybe you haven’t had a slider in awhile and you’re really craving one. That’s why I came up with a gluten-free version that tastes amazing and your body won’t hate you for it.
Gluten-Free Bratwurst Sliders with Citrus Slaw
Ingredients for Sliders:
6 Gluten-Free Cornbread squares, cut into half like a sandwich
6 Bratwurst Sausages
Ingredients for Citrus Slaw:
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2-3 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound shredded slaw salad mix
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the sausages on a baking sheet uncovered for 15-18 minutes until warm and cooked through.
- Cut the gluten-free cornbread sliders into half lengthwise like a sandwich.
- Cut the sausages into bite-size pieces and slice at an angle.
- Place the sausages in between the cornbread slices and smother with the Blueberry BBQ Sauce.
- Remove the metal top from the marmalade jar and pop it in the microwave for 15 seconds. Spoon loosened marmalade into a bowl.
- Whisk the marmalade with the lemon and lime juice, hot sauce and olive oil. Toss slaw salad in dress and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the sliders with the Citrus Slaw and enjoy!
If you can, make sure to stop by the Natural Grocers store on July 2, at 2:30 p.m. and try these yummy sliders out for yourself! It’s kid friendly so feel free to bring your whole family! I might even be giving away some coupons for my prepared meal delivery service.
Hungry for more? Be the first to get our latest recipes, SAVOR news and exclusive deals! CLICK HERE