In the past few years, apple cider vinegar has emerged as the sort of miracle food, yet it’s been around forever. So, why the sudden love for ACV? It can be used in so many different ways! Not only does it have health benefits, but it can be used to bring shine to your hair, as a natural deodorant, and more. Without further ado, here are nine ways you can use apple cider vinegar.
- Body detox. Apple cider vinegar can help balance your body’s pH. The vinegar acts a tonic for your liver and lymphatic system that helps flush toxins from your body. You can see the results of an apple cider vinegar detox. To start an apple cider vinegar, drink the following mixture each morning:
- 1 glass warm water
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- Teeth whitener. The pH of ACV can remove stains from your teeth, and help naturally whiten. Dip your finger in the apple cider vinegar and rub on your teeth for one minute, then rinse with water.
- Help heartburn and acid reflux. It seems backwards to treat acid with an acid, right? I thought the same thing, but adding one tablespoon of unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a cup of water, and consuming it five minutes before you eat can help with acid reflux. Who knew?
- Weight loss. It seems as though everything helps with weight loss. However, there have been lots of studies showing that apple cider vinegar can help with weight loss in different ways. One way that it is effective as a weight loss aid is that ACB reduces sugar cravings. One study showed that those who drink a glass of water with a tablespoon of ACV before a carb heavy breakfast ate 200-300 calories less throughout the day. That’s up to two and a half extra calories of weight loss a month!
- Sunburns. I don’t know about you, but when I get sunburned I don’t want anything to touch me, much less take a bath. But after one beach vacation a friend told me to put one cup of ACV, ¼ cup coconut oil, and a bit of lavender oil in a lukewarm bath to help my sunburn. Let me tell you, it was magic.
- Lower blood pressure. A 2009 study showed that consuming that seemingly miracle mixture of one tablespoon of ACV in a glass of water significantly lowered peoples triglycerides and blood pressure.
- Fight allergies. If you get those nasty Texas allergies a few times a year, drink two tablespoons in a glass of water and consume three times daily. It helps break up mucous. Gross, I know, but you’ll thank me later.
- Natural deodorant. If you are not one for all the chemicals in products, try dabbing some ACV on your pits. It will kill yeast and neutralize orders.
- Cure a sore throat. ACV is full of vitamins and acetic acid to boost probiotics. Drink the magic mix of one tablespoon vinegar in a glass of water three times a day in order to help your throat and cure your cold.
Would you like to get started with our Healthy Living Makeover? We have more information like this, that we would love to share with you! You can download our Healthy Living Makeover that comes with recipes – all for free!