Whether you’re cheering for the Broncos or the Panthers this Super Bowl Sunday, you can’t watch it without some killer appetizers! The problem is, is that most Super Bowl appetizers pretty much force you to kiss your New Year’s Resolutions goodbye. Between pigs in a blanket, queso and chips to beer and buffalo chicken, Super Bowl snacks aren’t typically the best foods to fill up on. That’s why I came up with a recipe that you and your friends will love… and that your body will love you for too!
Sweet Potato Bites
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 tbsp greek plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Roma Tomato
- Red Cabbage
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt + Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with foil, then brush with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil each. Slice potatoes into 1/2 to 1/4 inch cross-sections Arrange slices in a single layer on the oiled baking sheets, then brush tops with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown underneath, rotating the pans 180 degrees and changing their positions on the upper/lower racks halfway through. Flip, then roast for an additional 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the avocado, Greek yogurt, lime juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and smoked paprika. Mash lightly with a fork, but still leave the mixture slightly chunky. Set aside.
- Chop up tomatoes into small chunks and slice cabbage into small, thin strips.
- Once the crisps have baked, top each with a dollop of the avocado mixture, chopped tomatoes, cabbage and cilantro. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The red cabbage adds a nice crunch to contrast the creamy avocado sauce and the tomato and cilantro gives it some nice flavor! This one will definitely be a crowd pleaser!
Interested in having us cater your next Super Bowl party or get together? Check out our sample catering menu!