Nothing is more comforting than a bowl of warm soup. Sadly, soup season is almost over so we wanted to squeeze in our last favorite soup recipe for the season, and believe me, you will be glad we did. What makes this soup so delightful, is the fresh, local ingredients we use. We try to source organic, local ingredients as often as we can not only because they have less pesticides and are GMO free, but they make everything taste better. Don’t you think?
A lot of soups call for heavy cream or dairy products of some kind, but we have created a recipe that is completely vegan. No need to worry about being lactose-intolerant or having a dairy allergy of some kind with this recipe!
Vegan Kale and White Bean Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 medium onion, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 ribs celery, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 red potatoes, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup of corn, fresh or frozen
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white beans (cannellini or great northern), with their liquid
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 to 4 cups roughly chopped kale (or Swiss chard)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper