Cheesecake is a popular holiday treat and one of my favorite indulgences. The great thing about cheesecake is that it can take on different flavors simply by using a different sauce or a new topping. There are many options for you to get creative! While I love the rich, creamy goodness of cheesecake, I don’t love the heavy calories and fat that comes along with it. I oftentimes can’t even eat a whole slice of cheesecake (and shouldn’t) because it is so rich. That’s when I fell in love with the idea of cheesecake bites! It’s a lighter way to enjoy this gooey goodness and have a healthier version of this decadent dessert.
While a majority of holiday desserts can be time consuming to make and require advanced baking skills, this recipe only requires five ingredients! Not only that, but it’s really easy to make, so easy that you could have your little ones help you put these together. They will have lots of fun rolling the mixture into round balls!
These red velvet cheesecake bites would make a perfect Christmas treat for a holiday party or something for your family to indulge in while watching Christmas movies. As you can see, what makes these cheesecake bites particularly festive is the red velvet cake. The red velvet crumbs add such a fun texture to the dessert, not to mention their bright fun red color!
You can even double this recipe and freeze it for later.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Bites
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 baked red velvet cake, broken up into crumbs
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the heavy cream and vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer mixture to the freezer to firm up for 2 hours.
- Using a small cookie scoop, take a small amount and use your hands to roll the mixture into ball.
- Roll mixture in red velvet cake crumbs, then transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Once all cheesecake bites are rolled, transfer to the refrigerator to chill and harden for at least 1 hour.
Need a last minute gift idea? It’s not too late to grab one of our gift certificates! They are great for a friend or family member who is recovering from surgery, just had a baby, is a busy professional or just wants a break from cooking! You can use the gift certificates for our Artisan Meal Service, Our Customized Meal Delivery, Catering or Food Intolerance Testing. VIEW OUR GIFT CERTIFICATE OPTIONS HERE.