- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots/onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¾ cup finely chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots/onions to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in ½ teaspoon garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add tomato, 2 tablespoons water, vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; bring to boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Stir in salt and pepper to taste; keep warm.