Last week I discussed the different symptoms of food sensitivities and how sometimes the symptoms can be subtle like joint pain, migraines, etc. You can read more food sensitivities here.
Perhaps some of you have taken an ALCAT test and found out that you do have a food sensitivity or maybe you’ve been struggling with a food sensitivity for years. Either way, you might be a little nervous about giving up some of the foods that are causing you problems. Maybe one of your favorite foods is the culprit. If that’s the case, please don’t worry. You don’t have to completely lose hope. My husband has a food intolerance to dairy and gluten and I have found ways to help him enjoy his favorite comfort dishes.
One of his favorite desserts that I make him and that I make for some of our clients, is our Paleo Mixed Berry Crumble that is dairy and gluten free. This crumble is as scrumptious as it looks and is the perfect way to celebrate the beginning of spring! (plus it will make your house smell amazing!).
Paleo Mixed Berry Crumble
Prep time: 10 min I Cook Time: 40 min I Serves: 8 +
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dairy free butter, softened
- 2 + cups mixed berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.)
Coconut Cream Topping:
- Imperial Dragon brand can of coconut cream (put in fridge for 3 days so it is cold and won’t set up)
- 1/4-3/4 teaspoons coconut palm sugar